Monday, September 28, 2009

My other world.. the work week

That's MY World Sept, 28,2009, for more great photos please click on my link for That's My World. Thanks to the guys and gals who do the hosting of That's My World. Thanks also for stopping by my blog and My world.

Federal Hill



For this weeks "That's My World" I decided to take a lunch time walk to the Harborplace. It is just a short walk from my office. There are a lot of attractions for the tourist and some great restaurants for lunch. Since the work week is a good chunk of my world and my life I thought showing where I work would be a good entry.


Harborplace is full of eateries and small shops




Sometimes I like walking during my lunch time and the harbor is a great place for walking. Not far from here and just around the corner is the place where Francis Scott Key wrote the Star Spangled Banner. On this day I was even able to get in some birding during my lunch I saw a few ducks in the harbor and lots of gulls.


The water taxi's can take you to other attractions and neighborhoods in the city. As far as tourist attractions just to name a few there are the Science Center, Aquarium, Hard Rock, ESPN zone and the Galleria mall.




ESPN, Hard Rock Cafe, Barnes and Nobles and part of the National Aquarium in Baltimore




The pointed glass section of the aquarium is where the rainforest is located.










The Baltimore Orioles  baseball stadium, the Ravens stadium is on the left side and not seen from this area.




I am wondering if ayone can guess what city I am in, without me saying. Does anyone know where I am in these pictures? I am sure there is at least one picture that is a great hint. If you are a sports fanatic(or a baseball fan) the last picture is a big hint.

34 comments:

  1. Eileen: I have never been there but my wife thinks the area is neat. You have shown it wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The waterfront looks like the perfect place to take a walk at lunchtime and offload all the morning's stress - not that your job has any stress. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool and relaxing place to work in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't you lucky to get those great harbor views? Its just wonderful to get a breath of fresh air!
    I should guess, Chesapeake Bay, Maryland?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shots. Looks like a pleasant walk. I've enjoyed walking around your city myself. Since my daughter has recently moved back to your city (she was there for undergrad school then away for grad school but has recetnly moved back to B - - - E), I know where it is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your Work World... or at least the part where you take your breaks! Did you hop the water taxi and take photos all up and down the harbor to lead us astray? Am I way too gullible if I guess Baltimore?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have no ide where it is, but there seems to be a lot of things to do. And the harbour and waterfront looks a bit bigger than here in my town :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hmmm. very tricky question but mind giving another clue :). anyways, these are awesome shots of the busy harbor.

    ReplyDelete
  9. chesapeake bay?

    lovely place to work at!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Baltimore Inner Harbour area looks like a real neat place. I presume there's been a load of regeneration work done to make it a most pleasant city gem.

    (Oh, and google is my friend!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think Camden Yards is in Baltimore. I have been to inner harbor and it was spectacular at night. I never even liked neon before I was there. It certainly was gray the day you were there. It really made the red of the boat stand out. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been to Fort McHenry. Thanks for showing me more of your area. I find it very enticing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That second photo looks like Norfolk, Virginia. But the pointy building in the following photos doesn't match. Let me know what the right answer was.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great place to work - or at least, what a great place to take your lunch breaks!
    Janice.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's great having your office nearby such great scenery

    ReplyDelete
  16. Look like a nice place to destress and relax. Lovely scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I used to live less than 50 miles away, so I knew right away. Great tour!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the tour. I would probably head to the bookstore

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thjats a great place for lunch but it is a hard question for someone Doewn Under.

    ReplyDelete
  20. this seems to be an interesting place to visit! looks like canary wharf in england.

    ReplyDelete
  21. thanks a lot for the visit and the comment in my blogs! nice pix you got here. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. been there, done that and loved it...baltimore. what a lucky duck you are to get to work by the harbor. enjoyed your wonderful shots....
    have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Baltimore! But I see someone has already guessed that. Great photos! I recognized the harbor as we have been there a few times over the years. Great place to take a walk, nice break from work.

    ReplyDelete
  24. camden yards of course makes me think of london, even those it's obviously in the states! lol

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks like Baltimore...the Inner Harbor. Wonderful spot wherever it is.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a great place to stroll for lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I was in Harborplace a few years ago on a very cold December day. I very much enjoyed seeing the Constellation.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Looks like a great place to take a lunch break!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Baltimore? Beautiful harbor stroll. Thanks for taking us along.

    ReplyDelete
  30. There is a Camden town in London, but obviously it's not there, so I have no idea !!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hmmm' -- wonder where you are ;>)? We've never been to Baltimore, but hope to get up that way next Spring. I bet you went back to work very refreshed and ready to go after that lovely walk.

    Sallie

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm not sure where you are, but I read James Michener's Chesapeake quite a number of years ago. He demonstrated a love for the area and the ecology of the area in the book.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Looks like a nice place to walk around with a camera.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thank you for visiting my blog. I always appreciate your comments.

BTW, Anonymous comments unless a name is included will not be published. Also, comments with links will be deleted.

Have a happy day, Eileen

Happy Monday!

Wishing everyone a great day and a ha ppy new week! "One small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day." "T...